2022 Yamaha YZ125
TWO-STROKE EVOLUTION- The new 2022 YZ125. More powerful, more capable, more advanced. Offering the ideal blend of performance, reliability and usability to develop the skills to win.
Features may include:
POWERFUL NEW ENGINEThe new YZ125’s two-stroke engine represents an increase in power and usability over the 2021 model. Nearly every functional part of the engine is new—from the cylinder body, cylinder head, piston, piston pin, connecting rod, crankcase and expansion chamber, to a revised cylinder port shape and updated cylinder port timing. It’s a change that is immediately apparent at the first crack of the throttle and throughout the entire rpm range.
LIGHTWEIGHT FRAMERace-proven, highly developed aluminum semi-double cradle frame is engineered to provide just the right amount of strength and flex for the perfect balance of stability and cornering performance. Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
NEW, MODERN MONSTER ENERGY® YZ STYLINGSlimmer, more aggressive bodywork including new front and rear fender design, slimmer body panels and new radiator shrouds highlight the YZ’s unmatched racing pedigree. A bold new Monster Energy®-inspired graphics package completes the factory-ride look and feel.
- Redesigned liquid-cooled Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS)-equipped 125cc two-stroke engine boasts more power in the mid- to high-range for increased usability over the previous model
- New high-precision Hitachi Astemo® Keihin PWK38S carburetor features throttle position sensor and 3D-map-controlled CDI unit resulting in crisp throttle response and superior rideability
- New straight intake design improves feeling of power in the low rpm range
- New shorter, lighter muffler
- High performance brake setup features more rigid front calliper, larger front pistons and redesigned rotors with increased pad contact area for exceptional stopping power and feel, along with less unsprung weightFinely tuned lightweight chassis and advanced suspension endow the YZ250 with class-leading handling
- Motorcycle / Scooter
- 2-stroke, crankcase reed-valve, single
- 125 cc
- 54.0 mm
- 54.5 mm
- Keihin PWK38S carburetor
- Constant mesh, 6-speed
- Fully adjustable 48 mm inverted fork
- Fully adjustable link Monocross
- 270 mm floating disc / twin piston caliper
- 240 mm disc / single piston caliper
- 300 mm (11.8″)
- 315 mm (12.4″)
- 2,135 mm (84.1″)
- 825 mm (32.5″)
- 1,295 mm (51″)
- 1,445 mm (56.9″)
- 365 mm (14.4″)
- 980 mm (37.6″)
- 8 litres (1.8 imp. gal)
- Wet: 95 kg (209 lb)
- Yamaha Racing Blue